World Centres Booking policy
1) Booking Confirmation
No agreement shall exist between the guest, whose expression shall include all persons on whose behalf the guest books, and the World Centre until:
- The booking agreement, signed by the guest, has been returned to the World Centre
- The World Centre has received the required deposit as stated on the booking agreement
- A confirmation of booking has been issued by the World Centre to the guest
2) Payment terms
There are two categories of World Centre guest; Event Guests and Independent Guests. These have different payment terms. Guest category is clearly marked on all booking agreements. The guest who signed the booking agreement shall be liable for full payment for all persons to whom the booking agreement applied and for any other persons the World Centre was subsequently requested to book by the guest.
A unique code will be issued to the guest when booking and must be quoted when making all payments.
a) Event Guests
- A deposit of 10% of costs is required within one month of enquiry to secure your booking. This is non-refundable
- A further 40% of costs to be paid 6 months before the event, which is non-refundable.
- If booking less than 6 months before the event, a deposit of 50% is required within 14 days of enquiry to secure your booking.
This is non-refundable.
- Full payment is due 1 month prior to event. If event commences within 1 month of booking, full payment is due at time of booking.
b) Independent Guests
- A deposit to the value of the first night’s accommodation is required within 1 month of enquiry to secure the booking.
- If booking less than 1 month before the visit, a deposit to the value of the first night’s accommodation is required immediately to secure booking.
- Full payment is required on arrival
The World Centre reserves the right to charge an administration fee for any amendments being made to the respective booking agreement, if requested by the guest. A change of name only does not constitute an amendment.
Cancellation shall take effect only when written notification from the guest signing the booking agreement is received by the World Centre. In all cases of cancellation, booking policy applies.
5) Alterations by the World Centre
In the unlikely event of the World Centre making a major alteration to or cancelling a booking, the World Centre shall offer to transfer any payments to an alternative event where possible. If this is not possible, the World Centre shall offer to relocate the guest to local accommodation of a comparable standard. If this is not possible, the World Centre shall refund any payments made to date.
6) Damage/guest behaviour
The World Centre will be entitled to recover from the guest the cost (estimated if not precisely known) of any damage caused by the guest or their group. The guest undertakes to deport her/himself in an orderly fashion and not to disrupt the enjoyment of others or to prejudice the World Centre’s reputation with local businesses or other guests. The agreement of any guest in breach of this clause shall be terminated forthwith and the World Centre shall have no further contractual obligations towards her/him.
7) Guest belongings
Guest belongings brought onto World Centre premises are at all times at the guest’s own risk.
8) Limitation of Liability
The World Centre shall not be liable to the guest for any direct physical loss or damage, injury or extra expense howsoever arising, unless it is the sole and direct result of negligence on the part of the World Centre or its employees. Under no circumstances, subject to restrictions by law, shall the World Centre be liable for any indirect damage, loss or profit or revenue of the guest or of any third parties.
The World Centre will not make refunds to the guest on unused accommodation and catering, or for programme activities booked by the guest but not participated in.
In the event of a complaint by the guest against the World Centre, WAGGGS requests the matter is discussed with the World Centre Manager. However, should the guest believe that the matter was not dealt with adequately by the management of the World Centre, the guest has the right to contact The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts at the World Bureau inLondonand has 28 days to lodge a complaint in accordance with the World Centre Customer Relations Policy.
These terms and conditions and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects by the laws of the United Kingdom and the World Centre’s host country.
Payments by Bank Transfer